Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Extra Monitor to watch live feed

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
S1lverfox
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have pro2 system, I was asking the same questions that other customers were asking about a extra monitor and instead of using your phone when notified that there's a disturbance so you all answered that question, so my new question is while you are watching live feed on your phone the cameras do not notify you of the disturbance or video tape while you're watching live feed is that correct thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What is true as above mentioned , if the primary account is LIVE Viewing, it overides the mode your using and no alerts nor recordings occurr unles the recording is manually started.

BUT,

If you have an android tablet, you may want to try and open a secondary account....new email/password

From the primary account, SHARE ( guest access ) back to the secondary the cams with no admin rights.

You may be able to live view on the secondary account while still getting alerts on the primary account .. ( will test this myself when I get a chance )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

Yes, I believe that is a correct statement - no notifications or video recordings in live view.

Brian.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What is true as above mentioned , if the primary account is LIVE Viewing, it overides the mode your using and no alerts nor recordings occurr unles the recording is manually started.

BUT,

If you have an android tablet, you may want to try and open a secondary account....new email/password

From the primary account, SHARE ( guest access ) back to the secondary the cams with no admin rights.

You may be able to live view on the secondary account while still getting alerts on the primary account .. ( will test this myself when I get a chance )

S1lverfox
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you for you input and help. I purchased the pro2 last night around 7 oclock went home and set the 2 cameras up in 20 mins because we had 2 tires slashed the night before. I was up at 1:05am and had my phone was down stairs, I went down stairs 15 mins later because I did here the notification of disturbance on my phone and guess what, nothing happened to my tires but I caught the slashers on video. I have to work on the settings a bit, but I am really happy with the results of the cameras.    

brh
Master
Master

Fantastic!!!. Looks like your purchase was just in time. Be sure to share the video in the captured by Arlo section. Hope your video helps catch the bastards.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

S1lverfox wrote:

but I caught the slashers on video. I have to work on the settings a bit, but I am really happy with the results of the cameras.    

***  DOWNLOAD any important videos you wish to keep ASAP from the library... they will remain in the library cloud for the number of days in your service level and then be auto deleted  ( basic is 7 days from event only )

So DOWNLOAD and save on your computer/phone what ever another copy

brh
Master
Master

Very important advice so that you can keep the video and share with the police.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation