Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Extended network requirements using Ubiquiti Nanostation P2P airbridge. Can it conenct?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
1024kb
Follower
Follower

I have 3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras around the farmhouse & a workshop 300m down the driveway that I want to add to the surveillance setup.

To get WiFi to the workshop I'm thinking a Ubiquiti Nanostation P2P airbridge with the workshop cameras connecting to this. I'm not locked to Ubiquiti, is there a Netgear product specifically for this purpose?

Are the workshop cameras going to be recognised by my Base Station? Or is there some further component that would be needed?

Appreciate your advice before I go spending. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@1024kb wrote:

Are the workshop cameras going to be recognised by my Base Station? Or is there some further component that would be needed?

Let's start here.  If you want to use a base station with your workshop cameras, then you will need a new base station in the workshop, and a way to connect it to the internet (probably via your home network).

Another option is to get cameras that connect directly to your workshop wifi - for instance, the new Arlo Essentials cameras, the Pro3 Floodlight, or the video doorbell.

The third option is to use the Arlo Go, which requires a mobile data plan.

@1024kb wrote:

To get WiFi to the workshop I'm thinking a Ubiquiti Nanostation P2P airbridge with the workshop cameras connecting to this. I'm not locked to Ubiquiti, is there a Netgear product specifically for this purpose?

Arlo's not part of Netgear anymore, and there isn't any integration benefit of going with a Netgear product.

That said, Netgear does sell an airbridge that looks similarly priced: https://www.netgear.com/business/products/wireless/wireless-airbridge/

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation