Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Everything Offline!

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jskes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Over the weekend, I noticed all of my cameras went offline.  I have tried restarting my home router with no success, I tried a simple power off cycle off the base with no success.  I finally resorted to a factory reset.  Now, I am unable to reconnect my base station.  I have properly gone through the steps of plugging in the ethernet cable first, then the power.  Of the 3 LED lights on the front, the power light is green, the internet connectivity light blinks green, and the camera light is orange.  Is the base station bad?  Any other ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jskes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I stand corrected.  I did find the base station under shared devices.  I removed it and then after another factory reset, I was able to reconnect the base station and resync all of my cameras!  Thanks.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dannybear
Master
Master

Generally the constant camera led being amber suggests the base station has successfully been factory reset and is awaiting to be claimed by an account.

To import arlo devices the app needs to be connected to the same local network that the base is connected.

Sometimes using a pc web browser is required to get it working. Login to the my.arlo.com website and add devices.

jskes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback. My issue is the base station will not connect when resetting the system from a factory reset. I am definitely on the same WiFi feed and have tried with both PC and my phone. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

Can you check that the base station has been removed from the owner account, look in my devices under settings menu page. 

jskes
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has. I have no devices listed on My Arlo Dashboard 

Dannybear
Master
Master

The my devices list in the settings menu can be different to the devices page dashboard so best double check.

They recommend removing the base and cameras after a base factory reset.

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station 

jskes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not have any devices at all.  They are all gone.

jskes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I stand corrected.  I did find the base station under shared devices.  I removed it and then after another factory reset, I was able to reconnect the base station and resync all of my cameras!  Thanks.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Not sure why it ended up in a shared list unless you were logged in to a granted access account rather than the owners account.

With importing to your account, you are now the owner so someone has now got to be the granted user.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation