Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Roddw1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Should be an easy search, but proving to be impossible so any advice, pointers, gratefully received!
Recently bought a X2 camera Pro 2 system (VMS4320P). To be used as a security camera I really need the mains wired features for zonal monitoirng and extended recording. The sulution (in theory) is easy - drill hole in wall to exterior, feed weather proof USB cable through, attach to camera and plug in. The plugging in being INSIDE the house. So, all I need is a weatherproof USB to camera cable. Problem is having searched the net, the cable only does not seem to exisit! Can buy Arlo's recalled product (unlikely) but even this has the cable FIXED to the mains adapter meaning its been designed for external fitting. Cannot believe that Arlo would release a product and not supply what should be a simple cable for exterior use where the actual mains supply is  on the inside. Even some of the 3rd party products (which seem hit and miss) require you to drill a hole large enough to get the male head of the cable through the wall - which means drilling a 1cm minimum hole in your wall!

Can anyone help?? Is there an external use USB cable coming anytime soon????

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not much here you can do.... No other external cable but the newer 4900 outdoor adapter.. No other cable coming TMK.

To do anything else , you have to think outside the box.

Will say that others have used regular cables with power & large batteries... and some form of sealant.

Keep in mind modd'ing can possibly void a warranty claim.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Roddw1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unbelievable but thanks! Take it that the USB cable is fixed to the 4900 (meaning another bog hole in the wall if plugging in, inside)  and that the actual power adapter is designed for external mounting?

PROBEDROID
Star
Star

Yes, unfortunately, you will have to drill a decent sized hole for this, but this is what I am using with the standard indoor power adapter...

And yes, warranty blah blah blah, but I can tell you the usb connection at the camera is very secure and weather tight.
I have been using this cable on all 5 of my cameras for months now, through many heavy rains, with no issues. I would also like to mention that this cable does have the pins that support the dual voltage provided by the standard indoor Arlo power adapter. Hope this was helpful.

PROBEDROID
Star
Star
One more thing I forgot to mention. You will need to use the official arlo mount for this to work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TTLGHSK?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

The arlo magnetic mount and third party mounts will not allow the usb to connect properly.
Roddw1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Probedroid - thanks. Sadly the Popmas is not available in the UK but I may try the Wasserstein version despite the mixed reviews!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation