Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 microphone "Failed to connect."

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Floridian
Star
Star

Can anyone help. I have 4 Arlo Pro 2 in operation now for 2 months and have not had any issues until now. My microphone on either of my cameras do not function. I keep on getting a message,"Failed to connect."  My cameras are functioning fine with the exceptions of the microphones. I cant reset the cameras because I am out of town for 2 months. Thank You. Floridian Ralph

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you set permission on your device to allow Arlo to be able to access the mic?

Floridian
Star
Star

Not sure what you mean by setting up permission to access microphone. I was able to access the microphone before and it functioned fine when I orginally set up my cameras. Now none of my cameras microphone function. Thanks for your reply.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Floridian,

The application will ask for permission to use your mobile devices microphone, If this permission is not accepted, you won't be able to use to microphone. You can toggle these permissions within your devices settings.

That's definitely something you should check but it sounds like you may be experience something different if the microphone had been working previously. A "Failed to connect" error could indicate poor signal between the camera and the base. Does this happen on all of your Arlo cameras or just specific ones? Have you tried testing a camera close to the base station to see if you experience the same error message?

JamesC

Floridian
Star
Star

Hi James C. Thanks for your reply. There is nothing in my device settings that I am able to see where I can be granted permission to use my microphone. I had no problem before when I orginally set up my system. I am in PA and my cameras are set-up in Florida. Does the distance have anything to do with it? Thanks for your help. Floridian Ralph

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your location has nothing to do with it. I would reinstall the app which should reset all the permissions. These permissions are at the phone settings level, not in the app itself.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation