Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So I just picked up the dual charger, model number VMA4400C. Stuck the two batteries in and waited. After less than two hours one side of the charger was showing green (fully charged). Great, the battery is charged. I removed the “green” battery and left the other one in and waited for it to turn green. It was yellow for three and a half hours. Both batteries went in at around 50% so I would think they would both charge the same. 

I removed the battery and reinserted it in the other end for another half hour. Still yellow. Unplugged it.

Next morning I swapped this battery into a camera. The app shows this battery is at 100%. Ok. The battery I took out of the camera, which was just put in fresh yesterday and was at 98% when I removed it from the camera, has now been in the charger for an hour.  ?. It is STILL YELLOW? It should easily be green by now. It was 98% when it went in.

Is this a faulty charger?

10 REPLIES 10
brh
Master
Master

@Reallyconfused,

I had this happen one time. I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in and it has been working well now for the past several months. You probably should return it and swap it for another one.

Brian

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would have agreed earlier Brian, but the 98% battery from the camera this morning did finally turn the light green. So now I’m thinking maybe the battery? But that does not make sense either. Once the battery is fully charged, which it seemed to be as it reads 100% in the camera, it should present a certain voltage to the charger and tell the charger to stop delivering current. At that point the light should change to green. 

I will let the suspect battery which is now in the camera, to run down for a day or two and stuff it back into the charger again to see what it does. That should tell me if it’s the charger or the battery 

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Oh, and yes. I did do the unplugging things last night. Wall wart from wall, USB from charger, neither helped in my case.

brh
Master
Master
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it possible to check the voltage on the battery pack... u have a voltmeter?

They come out close to 8,4 volts when right off charge ... they settle down to 8.25-8.3v after a day off charge

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Yes, did that this morning. Both 8.4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sounds like the battery is good... as mentioned can you swap the charger unit?

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ya, a have a few weeks for a return. I’ll see how that one battery charges in a couple of days then decide.

mdethloff62
Tutor
Tutor

My charging station only flashes yellow now and doesn't charge batteries anymore.

It used to turn Green once the battery was fully charged.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact Arlo support for possible warranty

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation