Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot see motion detection on timeline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jun85
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo Pro 2 with Base Station and subscribe Arlo Smart Premier+CVR.

I put the system into "Armed" mode before I set off to work. My wife return home and forgot to deactive the "Armed" model, the alarm was triggered. I instantly received notification that my camera has detected motion.

However, When I tried to review the CVR footage on my Arlo app, I couldn't see my wife entering my house at the time when the motion detected. The timeline show a green bar at the time when the motion is detected, but I can't see my wife entering the house at that particular time. In fact, I can't see my wife entering my house 3min before/after the motion is detected and alarm was triggered.

I have subscribed Arlo Smart Premier to use active zone on my external camera. However, it has never worked, it still pick all the motions.

Could anyone suggest me what to do? It seems this is a common problem for Arlo user

4 REPLIES 4
Jun85
Aspirant
Aspirant

I managed to find the footage that showed my wife entering the house. Based on time stamp at the timeline, that was 5min afterward the time shown on the motion detection.

It is also horrified that the footage is cut off once the motion detection is activated. The siren also didn't go off.

The entire so-called "Home Secuirty" apart from notification had failed so badly in this instant

I demand some explanation what cause this failure.

Arlo is one of the most expensive home security kit in the market, but it also performed the worst.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jun85

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Jun85
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I have check the customer support. I cannot find any solution.

The sirens don’t go off when the cameras detect motions. I can still receive notifications of motion detected, but sirens don’t go off. I even tried to manually turn on the siren. It still doesn’t go off.

I have to turn on and off the base then the siren will go off. But I need it to go off when the camera detect motions, not manny all turn the base on and off.

Have you got any solution?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 41060298

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation