Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I still see shots from so long ago (e.g., 22 days ago!) especially in busy shot areas in iOS app.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. 🙂

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update once I know more.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this issue to the development team and they are currently investigating these reports. I will provide an update once I have more information available to share.

JamesC

44 REPLIES 44
SkinnyJeans
Star
Star

still happening for me. I am having this issue with Pro 2 cameras.  Also, battery status on web app does not match the Android app.  I assume the android app is correct, but it is frustrating to have to double check that as well.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
This has been going on for a well over a month. James c says they're investigating over and over again he says that. At this point I really don't think they care otherwise they would have fixed it right now
SkinnyJeans
Star
Star

Thanks, it is indeed frustrating.  I have two systems in two locations with 13 total cameras.  Seems like we go through "glitches" every time they update something.  I have been an Arlo customer for 6 years.

John429
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any updates? This is very problematic not being able to see current recordings at a glance.
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also have an open ticket.  It took me almost two weeks for them to admit there was an issue, but they said nobody has filed tickets for this issue.  I told them there are plenty of reports on the community board, but that didn't seem to matter to them.  I ask for an update about once a week with my ticket - and after about 4-6 days after my request, they'll send something back saying they're working on it.   I've also been an Arlo user for about 5 years now - in the last year, my system worked about the best it ever had - until early May when this started.  It's been over two months, and nothing.  So frustrating - and apparently nothing we can do about it.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I feel your pain I also have the same problem. Why it takes so long to fix it I just don't get it. Seems like they get everything working fine and then they got to update it and then they break it again
Bossman57
Tutor
Tutor

do you have the ticket #

Bossman57
Tutor
Tutor

this has been going on for a very long time just wondering if there is a solution coming for this issue we have not seen an update since May  Thanks Dave

Bossman57
Tutor
Tutor
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
This problem has been going on for a very long time now. I wonder if they're even trying to fix it
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is still actively investigating the issue. I do not have any new information at this but will provide an update as soon as I have more information to share.

JamesC

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Still broken is anybody ever going to fix this
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Is this problem ever going to be fixed.
Adrian_23
Initiate
Initiate

Does anybody know when this bug is going to be fixed? 

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor

Fix the thing already

Debpea
Initiate
Initiate

Any update on this problem?

HazzMatt2
Aspirant
Aspirant

* New this week.  Arlo appears to have released a new Arlo android App (4.0.2x - Dec 9th).  There is also an IOS Arlo version 4.0.1 released Nov 30th but I don't know if that's on par with the Android release.  I have an long standing help ticket, and Arlo told me to download the new Android App version if I haven't already, and then go into the Devices section of the app, select Add Device, and then select "Security System" and go through the upgrade process - to "activate the changes?"  Allegedly, going through this upgrade will/may fix the old preview snapshot issues.   I did a little research on this new version and discovered that once a user "upgrades" to this new version, you cannot go back.  Sound familiar?  Also, riddle me this-- if the issue I'm having (old preview images for my cameras, some days old and some many weeks old - had this problem since early May), and that issue exists no matter if I use the Android App, IOS App or even the Web Portal version - how is a new App going to fix the problem?  I've felt all along that this was a base station firmware issue and not so much to do with the App.  So how could the problem be fixed with a new App, if the problem exists in all three scenarios including Web Portal?   After so many months of this problem, I've just about giving up ever seeing a fix.  I am also very leery about going through this new "upgrade" which can't be reversed.  Who knows how bad things might be after doing that.   At best, I'll wait until  I see more people on here try it, and if they like it.  Might Arlo eventually force us all over to that?  (Sigh....Ugh).  Good Luck!!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I am holding off upgrading until the app upgrade issues get either resolved or explained better.

Arlo app iOS v4.0.2 has been out for a week now and so I just have to put up with the annoying pop up window asking me to update every time I open the app.

I still experience the same outdated thumbnails like everyone else for months which does point to a server side arlo issue more than an app issue.

I have read someone saying it is the new norm, a new app for the newer products.

HazzMatt2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Greetings!  When is the last time folks with the old preview/snapshots have checked.  There are several threads about this and I reported in one of the other ones a couple days ago that it appears to have been fixed.  Arlo says they are still working on it but I'm not aware of any specific proclamation that they've declared it to be officially fixed.  Good Luck!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Still getting old thumbnails here in my region so might just be fixed for the US.

Discussion stats