Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
kcountry
Follower
Follower

I know that you need an indoor camera plugged in to allow continuous recording (with paid subscription plan).  Can using a solar panel allow continuous recording for an outdoor camera (with paid subscription plan)?  If not, can the camera be plugged in outside the home (exterior power outlet) and allow continues recording (with paid subscription plan).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, the use of the solar panel does not qualify for an AC power substitute. If nothing else, it wouldn't work at night but it doesn't supply enough current in the first place.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
djdannis
Apprentice
Apprentice

I wouldn't think so because the panel cannot deliver a consistent amount of current that the Pro 2 requires for these enhanced features... I'll surely let you know when I connect my Pro 2 to a solar panel here in the next couple of days.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, the use of the solar panel does not qualify for an AC power substitute. If nothing else, it wouldn't work at night but it doesn't supply enough current in the first place.

acerino3
Aspirant
Aspirant

If the Arlo Pro 2 is connected to the solar panel:

1. Is the continuous function enabled
  2. Is the look back function enabled also

OR must it be plugged into a wall outlet with no exception

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It must be AC powered - the solar panel simply doesn't provide enough current to enable these functions.

Jdelta9889
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera has drained pretty fast all day.  Down to 40% after one day.  I believe the camera thinks it is plugged into AC and it really is only a solar cell.  How to disable continuous recording (for the 3 second lookback deal).  I believe that is what is causing the drain.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jdelta9889,

How many motion detection events is the camera recording in a day?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation