Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does Arlo maintain purchase date of each camera sold? Don't know purchased date

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bibbons
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've purchased five Arlo Pro 2 cameras and just a couple months ago one quit working. I've gone through all of the protocals and it won't light at all when syncing when plugged in directly or using a 100% charged battery. It's dead in the water.

The problem is I don't know the date purchased because Amazon doesn't track the serial numbers of cameras purchased. And surprisingly, neither does their Square Trade or Asurion insurance providers.

Two of the cameras are still under warranty but I can't tell which two they are so that I can request an RMA from Arlo. Does Arlo maintain the purchase date of each camera sold?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No but the invoice can be downloaded or printed out from Amazon which would provide the purchase date. Check your orders and check out the invoice for this purchase. The serial number doesn't need to be recorded.

bibbons
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks ... but I don't have the purchse dates associated with each camera ... and all of the cameras are identical except for the serial numbers.

True Amazon provides the dates purchased but do not maintain the serial numbers sold. So ... which cameras are still under warranty?

These cameras have been moved around since purchase so there is no way to identify them other than the serial number inside.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would just use the invoice and let the chips fall where they may.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation