Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do activity zones prevent recordings or just notifications when activity occurs outside of them?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wusnowflake
Initiate
Initiate

I have dozens of the original Arlo Pro cameras and they generate thousands of saved clips on my account. Many of these clips are not needed and only exist because the camera saw something outside of the areas I care about.

Would setting up an action zone completely prevent the camera from adding a clip to my account if the motion is outside the zone? 

Or, is this just a way to prevent notifications while still creating the clip behind the scenes like normal?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@wusnowflake wrote:

Would setting up an action zone completely prevent the camera from adding a clip to my account if the motion is outside the zone? 

It should...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
thelastosirus
Tutor
Tutor

It should only record/notify for activity inside the zones but its broke right now. I haven't seen where Arlo even acknowledges the issue.

@wusnowflake wrote:

I have dozens of the original Arlo Pro cameras and they generate thousands of saved clips on my account. Many of these clips are not needed and only exist because the camera saw something outside of the areas I care about.

Or, is this just a way to prevent notifications while still creating the clip behind the scenes like normal?

Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation