Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Compatibility for Arlo Pro 2 and Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
getalex
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Pro system and am considering buying just an extra camera, either an Arlo Pro 2 or Arlo Ultra. Just the camera alone. Would it work with my Arlo Pro Base Station??? it sounds like a silly question but I want to make sure before I buy the camera that it will see my base station and function as expected..

What I'm trying to do is have the Arlo Pro 2 camera wired to power so I can take advantage of Activity Zones, replacing the older Arlo Pro camera that doesn't have the Activity Zones feature. I wanted to get some feedback to see if you can mix and match camera models with an existing base station.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro and Pro2 will work on any Arlo Base, so that doesn't matter....( same as with the original Arlo HD )

As to Ultra, it will only work on the Ultra base (  the Pro/Pro2 cameras will work on the Ultra base too )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A firmware update to allow the Ultra cameras to sync to the older bases has been promised but no release date is known.

Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Have we heard any more on whether or not the Arlo Ultra can sync  yet to the Arlo Pro Base? I just got my base and pro cameras a month ago and would LOVE to get the Ultra as an add on because of it's wider range. Hoping to replace Pro one by one with Ultra. Hate to just toss the old base. I don't care if the Ultra doesn't give me 4K right now, I just need the 180degree view for now.

@jguerdat wrote:

A firmware update to allow the Ultra cameras to sync to the older bases has been promised but no release date is known.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The firmware that would enable this hasn't been released yet. No ETA.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation