Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do you use all the features in your Arlo setup(s)?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Like geofencing, scheduling, real-time communications, etc.?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
Dannybear
Master
Master
I used to use the features when they worked. Ever since the last camera update, geofencing has stopped working for me. Two way was nobbled at the same time with chopped audio and audio detection notifications when ever I speak into the microphone.
Schedule causes the base station to lockup since the last firmware update. I am now using custom modes only.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

@Dannybear wrote:
I used to use the features when they worked. Ever since the last camera update, geofencing has stopped working for me. Two way was nobbled at the same time with chopped audio and audio detection notifications when ever I speak into the microphone.
Schedule causes the base station to lockup since the last firmware update. I am now using custom modes only.

Ha. I don't even use scheduling and my base stations still lock up like overnight today for the original base station. I noticed it has updated firmwares too. 😕

Dannybear
Master
Master
@ant
Yeah using forced custom modes makes little difference as I now getting the TZ lockup’s twice daily at midnight GMT and midnight PST.
I have had some success pulling the internet from the base just prior to these times and restoring just after to skip the base lockup’s. Having said this I missed the last event as it occurred 30mins prior to midnight.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

@Dannybear wrote:
@ant
Yeah using forced custom modes makes little difference as I now getting the TZ lockup’s twice daily at midnight GMT and midnight PST.
I have had some success pulling the internet from the base just prior to these times and restoring just after to skip the base lockup’s. Having said this I missed the last event as it occurred 30mins prior to midnight.

TZ?

Dannybear
Master
Master
@ant
30min prior to Midnight GMT, 0930am local time or +10 GMT.

I have since turned off iOS App location update and background refresh settings and did not note any issues with the base when midnight GMT time passed but early days as midnight PST is due in a few hours.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Some one is having a laugh, two minutes after my last post here the base fell over and been out for 30mins now.
Makes me wonder if some rouge support person is accessing my base and crashing it. I hear they have access to your base and camera settings.
I guess this rules out the app as it was not in use at the time it fell over.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok the base came back just after my last post above with the reset time zone issue. The cameras took another 20mins to fully restore which is expected behaviour for the system. To the rogue support, this is not the way to get a pay rise.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Sorry if I’ve hi jacked this thread, it is one of the last that has not been merged yet.
I did some observations on the recordings both cloud and USB and can report that just prior to the base lockups I have had, the cloud recordings give garbled audio. The corresponding USB recordings are perfect.
After the cloud recordings stop working, the next USB recording is nobbled in length to one or two frames of video and duration. (Legacy issue from last year) I get avg of 50kB file sizes, then while the base is still locked, the USB recordings start working normally but these never get to the cloud until the base recovers. This is using the buggy firmware and I first started getting this from May 31st going by the files on the USB.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation