Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
WaMike
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am about to setup my camera for outside use and will be connecting to electrical power. Should I remove the batteries when connecting to electrical power

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It doesn't matter if the batteries are installed when running on power. Leaving them in allows the camera to continue to work during a power outage but you'd also need a UPS on your modem, router and base to make it useful.

Be aware that there's no official outdoor power supply for these cameras. There are aftermarket ones but you risk your warranty by using them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It doesn't matter if the batteries are installed when running on power. Leaving them in allows the camera to continue to work during a power outage but you'd also need a UPS on your modem, router and base to make it useful.

Be aware that there's no official outdoor power supply for these cameras. There are aftermarket ones but you risk your warranty by using them.

WaMike
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the reply. I will be using them outdoors under a canopy no rain will hit them. Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that high humidity can cause condensation that can get into the power connection.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation