Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Is it possible in some way to make the notification sound for when the geofencing is in away/home changes mode (not to be mixed up with "Geofencing is enabled" notification that is possible to change) to have a different sound than when motion/sound is detected ?

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
The arlo iOS App uses the apple default tri-tone notification sound for everything.

The reason it is this way only arlo knows.

There are many threads about changing this in the ideas exchange board in this forum, none of which have any hint of an answer from arlo.

There have been some workarounds offered but they do not suit everyone’s needs or capacity.

The way I would be able to distinguish the difference between geofencing and alerts is that the geofencing changes provide two notifications in quick succession usually a few seconds apart. Not the best approach but only option for me where I live.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ok, so there's not even a way to shut of the sound on the notification when arlo enters/leaves geofencing-zone i guess since it is linked to the same setting, i guess they have to separate them then and that is not in the current application. Anyone knows a link to any of the suggestions so i can upvote it?

Dannybear
Master
Master
The push notification enable option for geofencing is set on the geofencing mode page.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes but I still want to know when geofencing is active (whithout the sound when notification is shown), i guess that is not possible in current application. Mostly due to the very poor trackrecord of geofencing (has not been working for like 2 years but suddenly something has happened and it has been working flawless for over 2 weeks).

Dannybear
Master
Master
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation