Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Oberon2
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my camera's infrared lights do not come on. It is off a controller with another Pro 2 that does work. All components have the latest firmware and have been rebooted (battery out etc..) and I have disabled and reenabled night vision in the app but the lights will not trigger - motion detection and video is OK.

I have tried all the suggestion in other threads but was interested to know if there is a diagnostics tool that I could run to check the infrared lights hardware?

2 REPLIES 2
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Oberon2 wrote:

One of my camera's infrared lights do not come on. It is off a controller with another Pro 2 that does work. All components have the latest firmware and have been rebooted (battery out etc..) and I have disabled and reenabled night vision in the app but the lights will not trigger - motion detection and video is OK.

I have tried all the suggestion in other threads but was interested to know if there is a diagnostics tool that I could run to check the infrared lights hardware?

I don’t understand this comment in the context of your post...”but the lights will not trigger - motion detection”.  Motion detection is not a function of the IR LEDs.  The IR LEDs just provide IR frequency illumination for night vision.  Motion detection takes place whether or not the IR LEDs are illuminated, unless you have the camera located behind a modern Low-E window.  So is your problem motion detection or night vision?

Oberon2
Aspirant
Aspirant

A further dark room test indicated that Infrared LED board may be faulty and am getting the unit replaced. Compared to another Pro 2, the LEDS were not illuminating as much and may have some dead LEDs.

Closing this thread. Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation