Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Detection/Motion Zones and Dogs- Help

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hoganhaley
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, Can someone confirm I have this right. I have an Arlo Pro 2 (3 of them) And I have 2 dogs:

1) I cant set detection/motion zones unless they are plugged in (and possibly indoors), correct?

2) Therefore, if on battery power (outside) I am stuck getting notifications (everytime my dogs walk through the range of vision)  unless I turn off the camera or notifications, correct?

3) even if I zoom in, that only effects the video playback and what I see when I look at camera live (ie the notifications still go off on the cameras full range of vision , and not on the "zoomed" part. Do I have that right?

4) Can I change the sensivity setting so it wont pick up people?

The upshot is I want to be able watch my dogs on occasion when I am at work. But I would also like notifications/recording ONLY when a human is walking around. Is the only way to do this is to plug the cameras in? And the cameras have to be inside? Or perhaps Arlo Smart (though Im in Canada & I think its only avaliable in the US). Do I have all this correct?

On a further note, the cameras are awesome.  The batteries are beyond belief. They average out at being at about 66% after 11 days outside, where temps get to around 0 C at night.

Thanks all

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Correct.

2) Correct unless you subscribe to Arlo Smart which uses server post-processing to determine zones and what caused the trigger.

3) The zoom is only cor the camera view which is totally divorced from the PIR sensor which will continue to detect for its whole view.

4) You can change sensitivity in your modes/rules but only on a global basis (doesn't discriminate as to what caused the motion). Camera positioning is important.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation