Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
me1234me
Tutor
Tutor

It would be nice if there was another way to reset a camera and re-link it to the base station other than climbing up a ladder, removing the battery and/or holding the sync button.  I have 3 cameras installed and hardwired in locations that require a tall ladder to access.  I was sick of charging and replacing the batteries.  Now I am getting sick of having to reset and sync the cameras when they stop working for no know reason.

Suggestions:

#1 Option to manually reset cameras individually from app or web browser.  Allow sync via serial number entry and cycling A/C power to device that could be done without going up ladder.

#2 Option to sync cameras to base station after removing and re-installing base station on account via manually entering serial numbers.

#3 Have camera record QR code generated by Arlo on your account to initiate reset and sync.

Other suggestions welcome.  Does anyone have a solution to my situation?

4 REPLIES 4
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Agreed. However, once in a while cameras just stop responding remotely and need to be power cycled. Obviously, battery changes too. 😞

Anyways, please post your request in https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange subforum and link it here so we can read and vote. 🙂

me1234me
Tutor
Tutor
me1234me
Tutor
Tutor

One thought, does anyone have any experience with the following?

Are there less issues with a camera that is hardwired with no battery installed?  If there is an issue and the power is cycled off/on does it start working again similar to removing and re-installing the battery?

Dannybear
Master
Master
I sometimes have an issue with externally powered cameras when constantly active for periods more than 24hrs.
The issue relates to pixelation smearing of the video repeating every few seconds making the recording useless.
As a workaround I have smart switches installed on the charger units and schedule power cycling to force it to disappear.
It is only when power is returned that the fix is actioned so believe this is a camera software reset event.
This occurs with or without the battery installed in the camera’s.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation