Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Koho34
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the Arlo Pro 2 and I added CVR to my plan. I hardwired two cameras with power in order to get CVR. Since doing so I’ve had nothing but issues with pixelating, sound problems, detection problems, and the latest is the time stamp is off on one of my cameras. Any one know how to solve the time stamp issue? The cameras. Are about 4 weeks old and my firmware is updated.
21 REPLIES 21
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try 2 things to get the timestamp to be proper:

1) Power cycle the base.

2) Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

Any help?

Koho34
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks however I did try this this week after reading your suggestion but its still not resolving the issue. The time is still off about 35 minutes. 

f0rsfed
Tutor
Tutor

Im having the same issue, has this been resolved?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you referring to thetime noted in the library or the time noted in the filename when downloaded (in epoch time)? If you download, use www.epochconverter.com to get a human-readable time. Also, check the embedded metadata in the video to correlate the time.

Koho34
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has not be resolved. Now im having other issues as well. I am going to reach out to tech support the evening. 

Koho34
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess the one thats noted in the library. I have the CVR going on this camera and when you try to go back to watch something thats been recorded, the time stamp is way off. So for exapmle if I know someone arrived to my house at 12:37pm and later that evening i try to see something from when they arrived, my time stamp will be off anywhere from 15-30 minutes in either direction. It could show them arriveing at 12:54pm. All i know is it's never right and its only when i try to view a CVR clip. Whats odd is if that same camera will captured a motion clip from some time in the day, that time stamp will be correct. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here. More cases should get things fixed faster.

Koho34
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK. Thanks!

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have had this same issue on 3 of my cameras. Please keep us informed on how it goes with support.
DeanM88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased a CVR plan today and am having the same issue.  CVR timeline is about 30 minutes off, but recordings captured due to motion have a correct time stamp.  Anyone receive a solution from netgear?

blade929
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm also having an issue with my time stamp on the recordings. It's about 3 hour off of actual time. Any help with this would be great. Thanks
FuzzyBlackCat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I, too, am experiencing this issue. Last night the camera recorded an event after 7pm when the event actually occurred after 9pm. This is a significant error, especially for people who purchased this system for use in investigations. Please fix this ASAP.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @blade929 and @FuzzyBlackCat,

Are you experiencing this issue when purchasing CVR on your account? Could you clarify with the incorrect time you are receiving for the recordings?

blade929
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 3 cameras and the time stamp or time of the recording is off by three hours.. For instance : If the actual time is 6:00 p.m. the cameras time is says it's 3:00 p.m.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure your Arlo devices are on the right time zone. You can check this by logging on through Arlo and go through "Settings" > "My Devices" and choose your base station to change the time zone to show the correct time.

RCar
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro 4 Camera's time is off by 30 minutes also.

I noticed it last week and reset the base unit a couple times.

The time zone is set ti the East coast and there is no way to set the time in this unit.

Please advise!

BobbyJohn
Star
Star

Same issue here with the actual time being 7:30am, but the recorded video in the Library shows 7:00am. This just started recently and I can't pinpoint anything I changed with the Arlo system. The saved video times are off when I view them via the iOS App or using Chrome on my Mac.

I could be mistaken, but yesterday I thought the video time stamps were off by about 25 minutes. I use a schedule to arm and disarm the camera. I can monitor for a few days to see if the video time stamps change to other than today's "off by 30 minutes" stamp.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The time zone is set in Settings, My Devices, your base (not the second base listing which is the siren), Time Zone.

BobbyJohn
Star
Star

Just confirmed that the system went into Disarmed mode at 8:00am actual time, as it should per the schedule. However, videos are still being recorded via motion detection and saved with the time stamp off by 30 minutes (video time stamp was 7:40am, but actual time was 8:10am).

I waited until 8:30am actual time and the videos stopped recording (video time stamp at 8:00am) via motion detection.

It appears there's a disconnect somewhow between the actual time and what the base station sees as the correct time. This just started for me in the past week.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If your time zone is set correctly, try restarting your base.

BobbyJohn
Star
Star

Yes, time zone is set correctly. I'll restart the base station now and see how it works at 5:00pm when the schedule goes to Armed and then check it for the next couple days.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation