Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 2 Pro Night Vision doesn't work well after putting skins on

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
wiltonj1
Follower
Follower

I'm a new owner of a 5 camera Arlo 2 system.  I had significant issues with the quality of the night vision when using camera skins.  I tried 2 different kinds of skins on my cameras and had the issue with both.  When using the skins the cameras were basically "washed out" with night vision mode turned on at night.  Removed the skins and the night vision works perfectly.  All cameras are outside attached to my house via rain gutter mounts.

It appears that if a camera skin sticks out even a millimeter past the front edge of the camera the night vision is significantly impacted and does not function.  I learned the hard way, so wanted to pass along my experience to others.

It is disappointing as changing the color of the cameras helps blend them into the house and thus are less noticeable.  Hopefully, the product team at Arlo is aware of this problem and can provide some guidance or a fix.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There was a revision of the Pro skins due to the hood. Perhaps you got some old ones or haven't pulled them into place (backwards) sufficiently? I have hoods on a couple of cameras with no problems.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation