Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Dazz56
Tutor
Tutor

I have a damaged Micro USB connector on my Arlo Pro 2 camera and wondering if anybody knows where you could get a replacement ribbon cable with connector?IMG-8433.jpgDamaged pinsDamaged pins

12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Only buying another camera for parts. Depending on why you want to replace it, it may be better to buy the charging station. If you wanted to use AC power to the camera, that parts camera would be your only choice.

Dazz56
Tutor
Tutor

The connector is damaged and you shouldn't have to buy a whole camera for spare parts. the cable and micro USB connector come out easily.  I will find a replacement part somewhere but I think it is rediculous that you are unable to purchase this as a spare part.  

dcfox1
Master
Master

You can it you can find one but just not from Arlo. They are not in the business for spare parts. 

J_Time
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just discovered the same ribbon cable in my Arlo Pro was cut right where the battery compartment closes.  It looks like the cable had been folded so many times in the process of opening and closing that it finally gave out.   Have you been able to locate a suitable replacement?

KR15
Guide
Guide
Has anyone managed to find this replacement part any where yet? Or know of a 3rd party who supplies arlo or after market spares?
Nicopag
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you find a spare part?
KR15
Guide
Guide

No unfortunately I was never able to source a replacement part. 

Nicopag
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh!

I have the same problem

It was damaged caused by the water that has a charger connected all the time/

Bad luck

KR15
Guide
Guide

Yeah, I had silicone on it to stop any water ingress but I was able to see that the connector inside had corroded slightly. I managed to clean this up enough for the contacts to work again and replaced the cable and resealed it. This seems to have worked but it occasionally complains that there is a charging issue. I switch off the plug, leave the battery to run down then switch it back on and it charges again fine for another little while. It is VERY poor that Arlo does not supply replacements for this. Its a very poor design on these units. 

sg1009
Aspirant
Aspirant

If anyone with a working camera and broken cable wants to sell let me know?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@sg1009

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194194134052?hash=item2d36df5424:g:2QIAAOSw~m5gv71z

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
sg1009
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac, I'm already watching them.

I think there could be a good market for parts going forward

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation