Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

When I log in and open live view on any cameras, it triggers an event and records video?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
bubbasw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Lately when I login and open live view on any of my cameras it triggers an event and records a  video. Just began doing this. Glitchy crap. Anyone else having this issue. 

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master
This does not occur on my iPhone arlo app v3.2.

If you’re camera is set to trigger it will record if it detects motion or audio while live viewing.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bubbasw wrote:

Lately when I login and open live view on any of my cameras it triggers an event and records a  video.

What event is triggering (motion or audio)?

FWIW, my cameras are not doing this.

HoneyMarket
Guide
Guide

I have had this happen a few times too...

You'll just peek at one of your cameras to see what's going on...and after bringing up a live view, you'll magically get a notification to activity detected on that camera you were looking in live at.

It does not happen "all" the time but seems to happen in "spurts"...then it won't do it for a few weeks...and then all of a sudden it will happen again.  It's happened to different cameras on my system, at different times...no rhyme or reason...it's just "Arlo"!!

Dannybear
Master
Master
@HoneyMarket
The camera that you observe the issue, is the motion or audio set active in your rules?

I have observed that when I live view a camera, it can begin with a noise burp that I suggest is left over sound from a previous activation event. If this is the case it could be causing a false audio trigger event.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation