Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Constant notifications and battery life

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cchilds1976
Aspirant
Aspirant

I called Arlo customer support, but it was like pulling teeth to get help. I was wondering if someone here could help me out. I just setup 4 Arlo pro cameras outside of my house about a week ago. I am receiving constant push notifications to my cell phone. It seems like every 2-5 minutes. I don't mind notifications, but at the rate I am receiving them is ridiculous. When I go to view the camera, there is nothing happening. So they basically seem like "false alarms." Also, I noticed the battery life on 1 of my cameras is at 20% while the other 3 have 80%, 90%, and 100%. Ive only had this setup for about a week and one is already at 20%. Can someone please help me with this notification issue and the battery issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jknoll4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Adjust the motion sensitivity on the cameras. Go to mode, select your base station, then select the pencil by "armed." Then select each camera and you can adjust the sensitivity by selecting the pencil next to "motion sensitivity." Click save once you have reset them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Something is obviously wrong. Notifications should have equivalent videos. I would reset the system and start fresh. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras. Verify that all firmware is up to date.

cchilds1976
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't think it is that. i believe it is working fine. As a matter of fact I have 457 short 5-11 second videos of my patio camera . It seems like it might be a sensitivity issue or something. I just dont want 100 notifications per day and I definitely dont want to rechage my camera batteries once per week. Speaking of the devil, I just got a notification that one of my cameras battery level is now at 15%. From full charge to 15% in a week is not good.

jknoll4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Adjust the motion sensitivity on the cameras. Go to mode, select your base station, then select the pencil by "armed." Then select each camera and you can adjust the sensitivity by selecting the pencil next to "motion sensitivity." Click save once you have reset them.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation