Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Compatibility of arlo pro2 base station with higher version of cameras (pro3,pro4, etc)

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KARN4D
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I have arlo pro2 set with basestation and 3 cameras(wireless). I believe , I can have 2 more cameras added without need to subscribe to a plan.
As pro2 cameras are hard to find or are sold at ridiculously high price on ebay, I was wondering whether pro3,pro4 and higher version of cameras are compatible with pro2 basestation, and if so, are there any limitations to mix and match cameras?
6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KARN4D wrote:
I was wondering whether pro3,pro4 and higher version of cameras are compatible with pro2 basestation, and if so, are there any limitations to mix and match cameras?

They are compatible with the VMB4000 and VMB4500 bases.  But you will need a subscription for them.

KARN4D
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your prompt reply.
My model is VMS4330P-100NAS. Will my base be compatible with more advanced cameras?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KARN4D wrote:
My model is VMS4330P-100NAS. Will my base be compatible with more advanced cameras?

VMS is a system bundle, and there unfortunately there is no published list of those bundles and what is included in them.

Look at the base itself - you will find a label that starts with VMB.  You can then check camera compatibility here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

All the newer cameras (Pro3/Pro4/Ultra/Ultra2/Esssential) will require a subscription to get any cloud storage.  The 5 camera free storage is only available for the old cameras (up to Pro 2).

KARN4D
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. It is vmb4000 and thanks for providing me the link to check compatibility of cameras with the basestation. If I subscribe for a plan, will I get to add more cthan 5 cameras to the base ?
KARN4D
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please can you provide the link to the plans available for my model?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KARN4D wrote:
Thanks. It is vmb4000 and thanks for providing me the link to check compatibility of cameras with the basestation. If I subscribe for a plan, will I get to add more cthan 5 cameras to the base ?

Arlo Secure and Arlo Secure Plus both include unlimited cameras.  Secure Plus offers 4K (Ultra/Ultra 2 are the two 4K cameras), Secure goes up to 2K resolution (Pro 3/Pro 4).

You seem overly focused on the 5 camera ceiling.  Even one new camera will require a subscription (even though you would be below 5 total).

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation