Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
debugger919
Guide
Guide

When I press "CLEAR ALL" notifications, the Arlo Secure app would open and requires me to login, this did not happen before, please fix it, very annoying.

Android 12

App version 4.0.2.1_28506

Released 12/09/22

25 REPLIES 25
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

debugger919
Guide
Guide

I tried to force close the app and re-open it, haven't tried to uninstall the app as I'm afraid of losing all the existing settings.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@debugger919

You shouldn't lose any settings by removing and re-installing the app. I have done it many times. 

debugger919
Guide
Guide

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and this is still happening.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you happen to have a screen recording/video of the issue. You can find instructions to achieve this here: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9075928?hl=en

debugger919
Guide
Guide

where should I send the video to?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@debugger919 wrote:

where should I send the video to?

You can put it into cloud storage (icloud, google drive, onedrive, dropbox,...). 

Then post a download link here if you are willing to make it public.  Or send a PM (private message) to @ShayneS with the link if you want to keep it private.  Click on the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page to send a PM.

NancyS24
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem on my Android phone. It started after the last update when the logo changed. The Arlo app opens any time I do "clear all" for notifications. There is no way to take a screen shot of it or whatever.

NancyS24
Tutor
Tutor

Except mine does not make me log in again, it just opens the app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@NancyS24

Are you able to use this method Record your phone screen

1. Swipe down twice from the top of your screen.
  2. Tap Screen record .
    • You might need to swipe right to find it.
    • If it's not there, tap Edit and drag Screen record to your Quick Settings.
  3. Choose what you want to record and tap Start. The recording begins after the countdown.
  4. To stop recording, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the Screen recorder notification .

Find screen recordings

1. Open your phone's Photos app Photos.
  2. Tap Library and then Movies.
alikhad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue since the last update. When I try to clear the notification (swipe down, then swipe left) as you would with any other notification, it opens the Arlo app (no login required). I'm in Andriod. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swipe down to get to the notification, right? I then swipe right to clear it - never tried left.

alikhad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I confirmed it doesn't matter if you swipe left or right with any notification, it clears it either way. Not the Arlo notifications though. I find that it doesn't always open the Arlo app when clearing notifications, but even the times that it doesn't open the app, the screen goes white like as if it's trying to open it but doesn't.

Any fixes for this coming? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@debugger919 

Does this occur on the latest version of the Arlo app v4.1?

debugger919
Guide
Guide

This is the version I have:

4.1.0_28513

alikhad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have version 4.1.0_28513. No other updates are available. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Just double checking, Are we still experiencing this issue with version v.1? 

Thanks

debugger919
Guide
Guide

Yes still happening in 4.1.1_28514

alikhad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine seems to have stopped doing it and is now working normally.  I will continue to monitor and will report back if it returns.  Thank you.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@alikhad

Oh that's good to hear, let me know if it occurs again asap.

Thanks 

debugger919
Guide
Guide

This problem is still happening to me, in the latest version.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@debugger919

Thanks, I let the team know and I will update the thread as soon as possible.

torga3ight
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this issue since the update. Any closure of push notifications swiping any direction, or clearing them all at once, opens the Arlo app screen. I'm basically closing the app about 100 times a day these days. Has there been a fix to this? it's been happening for over a month now. 

I have Arlos, Arlo Pro 2s, Arlo Pro 3s, and arlo essentials. Running about 12 cameras on the paid plan.

Thanks in advance!

debugger919
Guide
Guide

The latest version 4.2.1_28524 has fixed this issue.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation