Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

'Charging paused Camera’s battery temperature is too low.' Indication on Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PTMcCracken
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras outside. One of them whenever the temperature gets close to freezing overnight the battery will not accept a charge from the solar panel when the sun comes up. I get this error message: 

'Charging paused
Camera’s battery temperature is too low.'
I never get this indication on any of the other 4 cameras. If I reboot the base station the error goes away.
6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot the camera by removing & reinstalling the battery?

PTMcCracken
Aspirant
Aspirant

I rebooted the base unit once again yesterday. This morning, although cold, the error did not appear again. If it does, I will remove and re-install the battery as suggested to see if that resolves the issue. For now the issue is resolved.

PTMcCracken
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem came back yesterday morning although I had rebooted the base station. I removed and reinstalled the battery as recommended. That cleared the alarm/fault. This morning, altought cold outside, the camera appears to be charging the battery fine. Hopefully the problem is resolved. Thank you.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@PTMcCracken

You are welcome, let us know if you have any further questions.

PTMcCracken
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi... The problem returned this morning: 'Charging paused Camera’s battery temperature is too low.'. The outside temperature is around 40 f. I think I have a faulty camera. I purchased this camera on Jan 4th from Amazon. Should I return it?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @PTMcCracken

i would contact Customer Support first and find out what they have to say, then exchange if necessary.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation