Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Doe-ann
Tutor
Tutor
The ringtone that we hear when arlo notifies of any motion is not vibrant enough to wake us. Is there any way to change the ringtone?
8 REPLIES 8
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Tried changing the sounds in the app? Android at least lets you choose a different noise.

How you get there probably depends on which app you use.

Try >Settings > Notifications.

Then it is down to the volume settings on the device.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Doe-ann
Tutor
Tutor
I have an iphone. I have checked everything I can think of and have not found anywhere that I can change sound for the alerts.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

You don't see these screens in the iPhone app?

App NotificationsApp Notifications

NotificationNotification

The blue bits are clickable so that you can pick a different sound.

Go from Notifications Sound and pop up on screen and then the Sound entry.

I had to hunt about a bit.

May the iThing doesn't have that.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Doe-ann
Tutor
Tutor
No Iphone doesn’t have it like that. Our only option under sound is off or on. That seems to be it.
Dannybear
Master
Master
My understanding is that Arlo App uses the default apple tri-tone sound and this is fixed within the App.

There are ways to change it but it is complicated and would be reverted with any App update requiring you to reapply the change again each time.

Hope this helps.
Doe-ann
Tutor
Tutor
Yes - i think you may be correct. I have looked everywhere and there is not a choice to change. They really need to change that. The tritone is not vibrant enough to wake someone while sleeping 😴. Thanks
Dannybear
Master
Master
There are a number of threads on this in the ideas exchange board over the last four years.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Custom-alert-sounds/idi-p/874?_ga=2.43422502.203236...
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Doe-ann wrote:
They really need to change that.

That Arlo has implemented this in Android devices suggests either that Apple has, not for the first time, locked people out of that area and into its way of thinking, or that Arlo's programmers are not up to the task. Or a combination of the two.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation