Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JCTRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I registered a country where there are no subscription for upgraded plans. I'm moving to a country with subscription plans available but I cannot change the country of registration without using a different e-mail account. I don't want to create a new e-mail account just for this (It just doesn't make any sense). Here are my questions:

1. Can I delete my Arlo account? How can I do so? ... and, If I do, can I then register the new country under my old e-mail (which should have been deleted from the Arlo database after deleting my account)?

2. When setting up the Arlo Base Station, can I register it in a different country than the one the base station is been plugged in?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No one has ever asked or said anything about this so I would just try it. I don't believe it's tied to the email address but where the system is physically set up (but I could be wrong). I would uninstall everything from Settings, My Devices before moving and then set things up fresh in the new abode. Use a credit card from the new country (or at least a country that has the extra subscriptions) and see if that's all you need to do.

If not, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

JCTRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jguerdat!

The thing is that if you already registered the base station in one country under your e-mail, it seems you cannot use the same e-mail to register devices in a different country using the same e-mail. I find this quite unreasonable (having to cerate a new e-mail just for this). That's why I was thinking on deleting my arlo account, so I can set it up again using my current e-mail.

The second question is for me to know if you can choose your registration country no matter where your are plugging in your base station.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gotta ask - have you already tried my suggestion and it failed or are you assuming that use of the original email address may cause a problem? I don't know that anyone has run into this (at least on these forums) so we need to know all the details of your experience. The only possible way to have your account deleted is by (hopefully) getting support to do so.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

For the second part, I know of no way to change country in your profile in any way. It appears to be picked either from the country where you first created the account (using IP address info?) or by where the base was located when claimed (same IP address info?).

JCTRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @jguerdat,

I haven't try your suggestion since I'm only travelling to the US in about one month, but according to another post from 2017, the only way is doing so in the new country and using a new e-mail. here's the ink https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Changing-Registration-Country-Arlo-s/td-p/1279047

I find this kind of unreasonable and very upsetting (having to create a new e-mail just because of this).

Is there anyway that support can kick in into this chat and help? Contacting them is also a very annoying process.

Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation