Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
benson1985
Tutor
Tutor

I have logged into my account and gone to the modes tab to turn off email notifications.  I uncheck the box and then clic save.  Will not save the changes.

31 REPLIES 31
dandan66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. And I can't do it on the iPhone app because Mode is stuck at 'Getting Information'. Getting hundreds of e-mail notifications. Help!

DW625
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a new system which I have just set up with 2 Arlo Pro Cameras, Camera 1 is On and Camera 2 is currently switched off. I am trying to disable ALL email notifications. I have read the numerous kb articles and each one suggested there is a mode button on the app, not for Android on my phone. I am therefore logged in on a PC and I have found the Mode section, but if I try to disable emails for camera 1 oit will not save. I have tried creating a new Mode but this just hangs and says Please Wait for over 10 minutes, please help!! Thanks Darren

Jac1425
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sligulus
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same problem (among others) and I fixed it by "simply" reinstalling the whole system 😞

It was pretty annoying.

dandan66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had to do the same in the end. Really annoying and a whole day of my life I won't get back again 😞

Kahuna116
Aspirant
Aspirant

As others have noted, I am unable to stop email notifications and the App remains stuck on "Getting Information".  Please advise.  Thank you!

JustinLamoureux
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would also like to stop receiving 10,000 notification e mails. Sounds like the only way is to re install? What a bummer

mblitch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Every time i turn off email alerts and push notifications ( both on computer and mobile) it accepts the changes.  However it wont stop.  I log back in to look at the settings at they are checked again.  Im thinking of returning it as I am getting hundreds of emails and notificatoins a day.  I cant take it.

I cant find any forum where others are having this problem,

tangykipper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. Base station isn't accepting the update to turning off notifications

benson1985
Tutor
Tutor

Uninstalled the entire camera system and the app on my samsung.  After reinstalling the app, I now have a mode tab.  

Markobrien73
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't seem to turn off the notifications on the PC either. I untick the box, press 'save' but the default goes back when I check it. Does anyone else have this issue?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you check to see if you are on the latest firmware version for your Base Station/Cameras? I have provided the link with the various updates here: Latest Base Station Firmware

Can you reboot your base station and test again.

Kahuna116
Aspirant
Aspirant

I confirmed the firmware is the latest version and rebooted the base station.  I still cannot change the email notification the app still shows "getting information".

user541
Aspirant
Aspirant

were you able to fix this, I instaled mine at a vaction home, where i am unable to go back and retart. looking for a way to fix this online. 

vawoodsman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue - no "mode" button visible anywhere in the Android app.
Kahuna116
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately, no.  I verified the firmware is correct and rebooted.  No effect.  I still cannot change the email notifications.

benson1985
Tutor
Tutor

Had to uninstall the cameras and base station, then deleated and reinstalled app and camera system

Ronin8793
Apprentice
Apprentice

Okay...so, the battery issue seems to be resolved, but now I'm not getting email notifications when my cameras record.

I checked my library yesterday because it's not normal for me to NOT get some recordings in 3 days....and there were several in the library....but I never got an email.

Any ideas why?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

check the Mode to verify the email is toggled on or correct

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
vawoodsman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Experiencing the same issue - visit the website, go to Mode > Armed > Camera (Edit) > Uncheck "Send an email alert".  Save page and refresh - "Send an email alert" is checked again.

Ronin8793
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Yes, that's the first thing I checked.  The email notification is toggled.  No emails.

dmercay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just received my system. Can not shut off email notifications. In trying to do so have noticed that any changes I make do not save and revert to default. Have tried on android, computer and ipad. Android does not have a mode tab, computer just doesnt save changes, ipad has mode but doesnt go past a getting information indicator.

Gary_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just set mine up the other day. Had the same problem. I "removed" all the devices and started over as explained, I believe, somewhere in this forum. After the "reinstall" everything seems to work as advertised. Doesn't seem to make sense but it worked.

Gary M

dmercay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks,

I will give that a shot.

Discussion stats