Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot save Activity zones - Operation failed. 2131232001 Internal Error

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Thudnall
Aspirant
Aspirant

When clicking the save button the following message appears "Operation failed.
2131232001Internal Error"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thudnall
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. Yes I've restarted the base a few times but the camera still fails to create an activity zone, message "Operation failed.
2131232001Internal Error". I've been using my Samsung android s9+. I just tried the same action from my desktop and it worked with no errors. Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What device/OS? Try restarting the base.

OCULUS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same bug. I can´t delete a Activity Zone. I use Android.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @OCULUS,

Have you tried deleting the zone through the web version and see if that fixes the issue?

OCULUS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey @JessicaP,

i have tried to delete the zone through the web version - no success.

About the device setting of the camera, I can not see the zone, but on the rule setting in active mode, this is still present. I previously had a similar camera in use, which I then deleted. Can it be that the zone has been set up with this camera, but since this is no longer available, this zone can not be deleted?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resyncing?

Thudnall
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. Yes I tried removing the camera and resynced. Same message appears Operation failed.
2131232001Internal Error
Thudnall
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. Yes I've restarted the base a few times but the camera still fails to create an activity zone, message "Operation failed.
2131232001Internal Error". I've been using my Samsung android s9+. I just tried the same action from my desktop and it worked with no errors. Thank you for your help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect you're going to need to open a case with support here. One thing to try first, though, is to do a factory reset. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Press and hold the base reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim your base. Sync your cameras. Update firmware anytime it's noted as you go.

FWIW, support will likely have you do this so this just gets it out of the way and may fix things.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation