Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
gpmike
Guide
Guide

Beginning today the videos in the devices section are present but blank for both my cameras.   After clicking on one a message states my browser cannot play them and I must download.   When I attempt to download the site is unavailable:  arlos3-prod-z2.s3.amazonaws.com’s server IP address could not be found.  Flash is enabled on both edge and chrome.   Extremely inconvenient to download videos one-by-one to view, but then that doesn't even work.

Controller:

HW Version       VMB4000R3

Serial number   4R058A7AB3D0B

Firmware            1.12.0.1_27940

Cameras:

HW  version       H3

Serial number   5TF18A71CCEE6                (Back)

Serial number   5TF18A7NCB497               (Front)

Firmware            1.125.11.4_29092

Night Vision ==ON

Both cameras mounted outside

Both cameras on battery

Browser:  Chrome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue is now resolved. If you're still seeing this error pop up from your library on the Arlo app or web client, please let us know. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
drabus
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have been using it everyday but now I get the folloing when trying to play a recording:

This video is not able to play in your browser.
Please download to view

Downloading says "site not available"

lamnob
Star
Star
Chris67
Luminary
Luminary

I am so frustrated with Arlo's software engineers' incompetence. Now I have blank boxes when trying to view my library and live feed. Press on the blank box and it just says loading but of course never does load.

Why is it that so many bugs have been introduced recently and we the customers have to suffer and wait until they get them fixed? Doesn't Arlo do any testing before they make changes to their systems? One thing that always continues to work are their irritating popups trying to sell you extra storage and subscriptions. I think that shows their focus. Profits before customers.

kilcha
Initiate
Initiate

thought it was me; This system is constantly getting worse...sucks!

Padonbishop
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem same message.
HazelsNuts
Guide
Guide

Same problem here. Can't see the video images and can't view the videos when clicked. Message says "This video is not able to play in your browser. Please download to view."

When I try to download them but the download link fails with the message "arlos3-prod-z3.s3.amazonaws.com’s server IP address could not be found."

It's just one problem after another. I sincerely regret ever jumping on this 3-wheeled bandwagon that masquerades as a security system.

BigRedOne
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem. It started today around midday (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time).

I click the DEVICES tab and there are no still images visible other than the "right arrow LIVE" buttons. When I press those I get a Live view. Even if I manually snap a picture r record a video these actions do NOT result in anything I can then bring up and see.

When I select the LIBRARY tab I see multiple video placeholders with an arrow button but again no still images.

When I press the arrow button the Loading screen appears and shortly after a Message appears saying "This video is not able to play in your browser. Please download to view."

I click "Got it" then click the Download button which tries to load the page https://arlos3-prod-z3.s3.amazonaws.com/  (*I shortened the very long URL to hide any private information)

This results in a webpage appearing telling me...

This site can’t be reached

arlos3-prod-z3.s3.amazonaws.com’s server IP address could not be found.

Arlo, I'm in need of a solution to this problem as the cameras are not fit for the purpose for which they were intended (and indeed for the purpose that they were ADVERTISED as being fit for). 

BigRedOne
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem. It started today around midday (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time).

I click the DEVICES tab and there are no still images visible other than the "right arrow LIVE" buttons. When I press those I get a Live view. Even if I manually snap a picture r record a video these actions do NOT result in anything I can then bring up and see.

When I select the LIBRARY tab I see multiple video placeholders with an arrow button but again no still images.

When I press the arrow button the Loading screen appears and shortly after a Message appears saying "This video is not able to play in your browser. Please download to view."

I click "Got it" then click the Download button which tries to load the page https://arlos3-prod-z3.s3.amazonaws.com/  (*I shortened the very long URL to hide any private information)

This results in a webpage appearing telling me...

This site can’t be reached

arlos3-prod-z3.s3.amazonaws.com’s server IP address could not be found.

Arlo, I'm in need of a solution to this problem as the cameras are not fit for the purpose for which they were intended (and indeed for the purpose that they were ADVERTISED as being fit for). 

TooManyProblems
Aspirant
Aspirant

To all those having this issue - who is your ISP? Are you able to use your mobile app if you turn off your WiFi and connect using your data plan? I tried to contact Arlo support but they seemed to want to gather device information from me instead of telling me how they were going to resolve the issue, despite making it  sound like it was an ISP issue. I just want to make sure they aren't trying to BS me on the ISP thing.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is investigating reports regarding this issue. We'll be sure to share any new information or update when we hear back from the team.

Chris67
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you. The problem now seems to have been resolved. I can view all my library and live feeds now as at 01.20 GMT. My question is "does Arlo monitor all its systems in real time or does it rely on customers for feedback and bug reports? It seems to me that Arlo should be more proactive if it were monitoring its systems and provide real time updates to its customers on any problems.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue is now resolved. If you're still seeing this error pop up from your library on the Arlo app or web client, please let us know. 

KCPope46
Aspirant
Aspirant
Version
2.9.3_1

Problem persists with Win10 not being able to access or download videos.

Win 7 computer is working fine.
gpmike
Guide
Guide

I'm working OK with windows 10 with chrome and edge browsers.  Cookies must be allowed and flash permitted.  GLTY

Cyber2steve
Guide
Guide

I read where some persons were saying it's Windows 10... No, it's not, it's the browser... I use to have the problem weeks ago whenever I use Chrome, I just go to Microsoft Edge and the videos played fine, so as the message said it's a browser issue... I have got that message in a while so I guess Arlo fix whatever bug that was causing a problem with the flash player...

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation