Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't view video on cell network but can on Wifi

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Djjeffa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an arlo pro 2 I can't view recorded video while on cell network (keeps buffering) but can view live. I can view it if i use the web browser or turn my wifi on. I uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted the base with no luck.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone, OS , and service ???

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Djjeffa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Galaxy s9+,android.sprint.
Like i said I can watch the videos on my phone if I open the app on the web browser in desktop mode or use the App while on Wifi but can't view the videos on the app on the Mobile network but can view live. Weird🤔
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Djjeffa

Can you update to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app ver. 2.9 & test this issue again. 

Release Notes: Arlo Android App - 2.9 - 20th September 2019

Djjeffa
Aspirant
Aspirant
The google play store only has 2.8.1
Where can I download 2.9 ?
Djjeffa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok i got 2.9 installed but still not working.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I just verified & downloaded version 2.9. Can you check once more. If you need to, you can delete the current app & re-download. It should display version 2.9. in the app's about section. Settings > About > Version.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

glorfnog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue and it seems correlated to when I downloaded and installed the new app.  Been on the phone with Tech Support twice ... did all the standard stuff ... still not working.  Arlo rep finally admitted it's a known issue.   Cannot play from library while on cellular network but interestingly can view live feed without a problem.  Also, just for the heck of it I installed the Legacy Arlo app to check its operation ... surprised to find it's not working now either.  I suspect there was an update(s) to the Legacy Arlo app which was never pushed to my phone and hence I never saw this emerging issue.      

I hope they get this fixed soon ... renders the system nearly useless.  

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation