Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

The perks of Arlo Pro 2 over Nest or Ring

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
electrisio
Follower
Follower

Hi, I want to get a smart home outdoor security camera set and am on the fence between picking the Arlo Pro 2 or Nest Cam IQ outdoor or Ring Spotlight, as well as a few other options. I have been reading around a lot and after reading this (https://yoursmarthomeguide.com/smart-security/arlo-vs-nest-vs-ring), I feel stuck on what to do. So I thought why not come to the Arlo forum and ask what the fans think about the Arlo Pro 2 and why they wouldn't choose it over one of the other top brands. First and foremost in my mind is the performance of the camera, so can you guys share your experiences? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Carlosmp
Star
Star

I believe the biggest difference is that Nest is only available wired, and Arlo and Ring can be battery operated.

The wireless aspect is why I bought Arlo. I live in a condo so I did not have to run any wires to the cameras. I have one in the Parkade over my vehicles, one in the storage room ( 3 floors below my unit, under concrete slabs and the connection to the base station is quite solid), one on the patio and one inside that only records when we leave and the geofencing activates it. (when it works)

My great hesitation in recommending Arlo is that over the last few months they quality of service has decreased and their apps have become unreliable and unstable. ( which they will hopefully fix soon). When I first got the system it was awesome.

Have a look at this guy's youtube videos, very good comparisons of the systems you are considering.

Nest Vs Ring

Arlo Vs Ring

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation