Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
arlora
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I am not sure what was changed but I don't seem to view recordings now from the mobile app. I can turn the camera on but recordings I can't find in the library as they used to. This is the reason why I bought arlo because I can access it mobile and view recorded videos thru my mobile phone, if this feature has been removed then it lose its purpose. I don't remember receiving notifications from Arlo about this change.

I am aware that my purchase comes with 7 days of FREE cloud recordings - view, download & share recordings from the past 7 days for free. Also, I am trying to get help or contact support but always said that they are closed. I am calling an Australian support number 1800 549 680 and I called at 3pm how come they are closed? How did you guys manage to talk to someone when you need some help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
arlora
Tutor
Tutor

Hmmmm when I try to set from armed to scheduled and then switch it back to Armed, turn device on, motion detected and then I started seeing the videos thru the mobile app. It's weird because I have tried many times turning on / off the device, check portal (recordings are there), check mobile app and says No recordings and even after sometime.

But changing the mode settings seems did the trick 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@arlora wrote:

Hi, I am not sure what was changed but I don't seem to view recordings now from the mobile app. I can turn the camera on but recordings I can't find in the library as they used to.

Are you saying that the library is empty?

Have you checked your modes and rules to confirm that they are still set to make recordings as a result of various triggers?

Which app are you using?

There are links to support on these pages.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
arlora
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Michael,

I get notification but if I click on the library says No recordings. Mode is armed I get notified, I open the mobile app but says no recordings in the library. I am able to see recordings in portal but not thru Arlo mobile app v2.18.1.

thanks

arlora
Tutor
Tutor

Hmmmm when I try to set from armed to scheduled and then switch it back to Armed, turn device on, motion detected and then I started seeing the videos thru the mobile app. It's weird because I have tried many times turning on / off the device, check portal (recordings are there), check mobile app and says No recordings and even after sometime.

But changing the mode settings seems did the trick 🙂

Didier01
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same issue. However recordings are visible from ipad2, but library is empty from iphone XR or 11!  But changing the mode setting does not have impact.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can see them on any device, the system is working. It's a local issue - try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. A new OS version sometimes causes issues with the app so log an issue using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation