Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't sync 2nd camera to Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LindaLew5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just set up my system - no problems.  Synced the 1st camera without issue.  2nd camera will only get a blinking red (amber) light. After numerous tries, I swapped batteries as the first camera is working just fine. Still cannot get a blue light on the 2nd camera or get it to sync?  Do I have a dud?  Any advice will be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LindaLew5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just poked at the battery connectors in the camera & reinstalled the battery again - got a blue light this time and it synched with my base.  Hopefully it continues to work.  I appreaciate your responding to my post.  Happy New Year!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like a bad camera but first what does the camera LED show immediately after installing the battery? It should give a blue flash indicating power connection. A slow amber flash indicates a dead battery. Your exact description of the LED after installing the battery as well as trying to sync may provide clues.

LindaLew5
Aspirant
Aspirant

No blue light ever on this camera.  Based on what I read, it said it could be the battery so I switched the battery for the one in the camera that synched without a problem (meaning that battery was good - additionally, the synched is still working fine with the other battery).  Still just the red/amber light - no blue light.

LindaLew5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry - forgot to mention how it blinked. One quick blink red/amber then quick blinks, same color.

LindaLew5
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just poked at the battery connectors in the camera & reinstalled the battery again - got a blue light this time and it synched with my base.  Hopefully it continues to work.  I appreaciate your responding to my post.  Happy New Year!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation