Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't share or edit Arlo videos on Mac or iPhone--downloaded videos appear to be corrupt

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

For the past several months, when I attempt to share downloaded clips via iMessage, the message will not send.  When I try to trim videos within the photos app on my iPhone or on Quicktime on my Mac, I get an error message.  When I try to upload videos on the Neighbors app, I get a message that the video is "unavailable."

I can download and view the videos fine directly on my devices (iPhone, Quicktime or VLC on my Mac work), but when I try to edit or share them in any way, it doesn't work.  I am using the latest versions of iOS and MacOS and all my camera firware and software is up to date.

Any idea what's going on and how I can fix this?  I'm trying to share break in footage with the police, but the only way it seems to work is by downloading the clip, converting it to mp4 using HandBrake and then sending it off (hardly convenient...)

iphone photos app.PNGQuicktime on Mac.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey krypttic,

Could you show me the screenshot of the error you're receiving on your iPhone and Mac?

UPDATE/EDIT: I've attached the images that you sent me through private message onto your original post and responded to your private message. Hope to hear from you soon.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

All videos from today won't download at all.  I am getting the message, "The operation couldn't be completed.  (Cocoa error -1.).  So now I can't even dowload videos, much less edit and share them.  Sigh...

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the detailed info again. I've reached out to you private message to gather some information from you.

JTStudios
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve had the same issues. Did y’all figure the solution?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi JTStudios,

What phone device are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your phone device to see if that helps?

JTStudios
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m using the new iPhone 11 Pro Max. Before I was using the iPhone 6S Plus and IPhone 7 Plus. All within a month. Still had the same issue with all. Downloaded the new app. It happens on new and old app.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your iPhone 11 Pro Max to see if that helps. Also, try on cellular data and/or WiFi to see if that helps too. Is this happening for all videos or for a certain video?

Are you able to download videos on the web client on your computer?

JTStudios
Aspirant
Aspirant
Done all of that. Happens for all clips. Download them to the phone and can’t share them. Can only share via the share link through app.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation