Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
puffnomi1
Initiate
Initiate

I've tried changing camera names from app and from website. I've tried removing device (camera) and resyncing/re-adding to system and it still will not save camera name ro what I'm trying to add it as.....

8 REPLIES 8
dcfox1
Master
Master

Just making sure you are hitting save in the upper right if using the web client to change it.  I missed that the first time I changed a name. On the app in auto saves it, I get the spinning icon when it saves it after hitting return in pop up keyboard at least in IOS. 

puffnomi1
Initiate
Initiate
I did press save. From both the app and the website ...
Red33
Star
Star

I just installed a renewed base and cameras from Amazon.

I installed the camera through the Arlo app add new device and named the camera. I wanted to rename one camera in settings, my devices, and picked the camera then picked the pencil and renamed and saved. Name doesn’t save. 
I have removed and re installed camera and still can’t rename it. 
Any suggestions 

dcfox1
Master
Master

I just tried it here and it worked. Since you resynced them, short of rebooting the base and removing the camera battery and reinserting to reset them if you haven't yet,  you can contact support below. Or maybe someone has another suggestion. 

Red33
Star
Star

I’m having the same problem with Arlo Pro cameras.

Tried to rename with web and Arlo app. The web page will rename them however it won’t keep new mane after you log out. I’ve removed and reinstalled camera and they still have the original name.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the base, remove and reinsert the camera battery and try again. You may need to remove and resync the camera.

Red33
Star
Star

Thanks for your reply, I have done everything you list with no change.

I have tried using the web page with desktop to rename cameras, it will let you rename them until you logout and the names revert back to original names.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You are clicking on Save after renaming, right? If so, you may need to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to see if they can help.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation