Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 43 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
deltagolden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro 2; Firmware: 1.16.3.2_3563_6cd3d19; Apple IOS 14.0.1

Moved a camera to a new location and tried to rename it. In the app, as soon as I change the name and hit save, it immediately reverts back to the original name.

Using the website, I change the name and save it, all looks good until I log out and then log in again, name has reverted to original. 

What I've tried:

Removing camera battery, reinstalling batter, and re-syncing - no good.

Removed the camera, removed battery, re-installed the battery, added new device (camera), changed name from default (Camera) to new name. Same as above - no good.

Completely rebooted the base. Added base serial number back to my account (it gets removed when you reboot). Tried renaming both ways listed above, same thing. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

43 REPLIES 43
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @deltagolden

I was not able to replicate this issue as described. Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Red33
Star
Star

I am having the same problem. I have an open case on the issue.

I have 2 bases, the original have no problem with renaming. The new base install

a few weeks ago will not save the name changes. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello, @deltagolden & @Red33

When you are changing names, are you using the same name as another device (duplicating device names)?

Is it possible to provide a video clip of the names not saving? You can send the video clip to askarlo@arlo.com (Subject Shayne/Mark Camera Names). 

deltagolden
Aspirant
Aspirant

I switched locations with a newer camera and an older one so the newer one was in my high traffic area (Driveway). I renamed the "new" camera "Driveway", so that left me with two cameras named Driveway (I can't remember name of the "new" camera before I made the switch). So, then I wanted to change the "old" Driveway camera to "Deck." I also tried other names as well. I sent a screenshot video demonstrating, per your instructions.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Received, Thank you. I have passed this info to the Development Team to look at. I will provide an update ad soon as possible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@deltagolden

Can you try and remove Both cameras from Settings > My devices & Re-add them back. This should help with the naming of each camera.

Red33
Star
Star

ShayneS,

If you want to look at case notes my case number is 41943141.

I have removed cameras and reinstalled them and they revert back to original name. I remove all cameras and base for 24 hours and reinstalled all, the camera 

names revert back to original name. If I login to the web sight I can change the names and it will change the name until I log out. When I login again the names revert back. All cameras were set up and named with the Arlo app. 
I use a iPad iOS 14.1 and all the updated Arlo app. 

deltagolden
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've already tried that, and based on Red33's comments, that doesn't solve the problem. BTW, I've also had issues with my camera's NOT recording motion. This morning, I opened my garage door, backed out my vehicle, and left for work. Nothing was caught on camera. I verified that the camera is on, and it recorded a couple of things up until around 11 pm. This has happened off and on. I have 4 cameras, and I've only noticed with the one in my driveway primarily because I know there is activity there that is not being recorded. It may be happening with the other 3 as well, but movement in those locations is not as routine. 

As best as I can tell, both of these issues have taken place since 2-factor authentication began. I believe you have a firmware issue that needs corrections.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this issue still occur over the new iOS Arlo Mobile Ap v2.21?

Red33
Star
Star

I’m still experiencing the same problems with the new app. 

AC_Home
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with my Arlo Pro cameras. I have tried everything in the previous post along with deleting and reinstalling the app on my phone. Nothing has worked.

deltagolden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have v2.21. Still unable to change the name.

Rowney
Aspirant
Aspirant
Were you able to fix the problems cause my cameras arlo pros are doing the same thing too. And I emailed tech support and they kinda just brushed me off already.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue with renaming devices. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Red33
Star
Star

I have two base stations link by grant access, today I removed the grant access and moved  two cameras from one base to another. When I reinstall the cameras 

the Arlo app ask for names and held the new names. I linked the base together and they held the new names. Not sure what changed, but now I can change names on cameras. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Are you still experiencing his issue with renaming your cameras?

Red33
Star
Star

I can rename camera now. 

Rowney
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update: I was able to fix it by deleting the people that have access to the cameras, then rename the cameras, then reignite them back to obtain access. Thanks
deltagolden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, still unable to change the name.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @deltagolden

There was an update for this issue, are you still experiencing the renaming issue with your cameras?

deltagolden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still cannot change the name.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@deltagolden

There was another update that was supposed to address this issue, can you see if this is working for you now.

sideburnie
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue--I've tried renaming the cameras from the web app and from the iphone app. I clicked save. I log out and log back in and the names have reverted. 

Was there ever a solution for this? 

sideburnie
Guide
Guide

Still unable to rename any cameras via the iphone app or the webapp...  currently getting alerts from "crawlspace" on my RV...

Anyone? Help?

Discussion stats
  • 43 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation