Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
iphranque
Aspirant
Aspirant

I subscribed to the CVR (Continuous Video Recording) to my premier subscription. I tried it for a month then didn't need it so I canceled it. No problem. I put it back on when I needed it again but I can't cancel it, now. It has something to do with processing the payment since, even when I try to update my credit card information I get the message "The request's content is invalid." I tried many ways to fix this. Nothing. I looked in the community and support areas and there is so much stuff out there, I don't know the right keywords to use to see if any answer is really out there.

I want to keep the premier subscription and just remove the CVR. The only thing I can think to do it cancel the credit card and let the next attempt at process fail. I have no other way of contacting Arlo to help me.

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi iphranque,

Are you still experiencing this issue with canceling the CVR Subscription?

iphranque
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your question: "Are you still experience this issue with canceling the CVR Subscription?"

The answer is yes and no.

First, I called support and spoke to someone at length about this problem. There were (at least) two issues I was dealing with regarding this.

1. When trying to submit the subscription change via the site, the API 'POST' call was rejecting it because of the apostrophe (single quote) in the name of the city where I live. It never did this before and it certainly accepted the name of the city before since that is the way it is presented to be from *you* when I open your app.
  2. When I process a change of my plan (i.e. from my existing 'Premier' plan to basic or elite), the response message from my submission says that it failed but the support person actually saw the change on the other end. We did this a number of time. I finally settled on keeping the basic plan and no CVR. I'm hoping that THAT will be the fix.

We'll see how my side is corrected on the next billing cycle. But I did tell the support person that the application needs some bug fixes to it.

P.S. I am a software developer so I have a better insight into troubleshooting steps for this than the average user.

Attached is a snapshot of what I sent to your support group when they said they would open a ticket for this.

iphranque
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like all those charges reversed on my credit card that were made while we were troublshooting this, by the way.

Sreenadh
Apprentice
Apprentice

any update? They still have not fixed the issue to just remove the CVR option without canceling your entire plan

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation