Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't receive push notification to log into my.arlo.com account

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
siddrajput
Guide
Guide

Hi,

I can't login into my.arlo.com. I have the Arlo app on my phone and I can log into it. I'm trying to login to my.arlo.com on a PC but I'm not getting the push notification to approve the login. Instead I get the error below.

Login Denied.
We're sorry, your attempt to log in was blocked. If you denied the request by accident, try logging in again.
Resend Push Notification

-SR
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've seen this issue a couple of times. I just cleared cookies on my Chrome browser to force having to authenticate it again and the SMS message came through quickly. I don't have any special permissions set so try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app to see if that helps. I'm on Verizon, if that matters.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@siddrajput wrote:

I can't login into my.arlo.com. I have the Arlo app on my phone and I can log into it. I'm trying to login to my.arlo.com on a PC but I'm not getting the push notification to approve the login. Instead I get the error below.

Login Denied.
We're sorry, your attempt to log in was blocked. If you denied the request by accident, try logging in again.
Resend Push Notification

I've not seen this particular error text - normally I just get a timeout.  Can you post a screenshot?

Do you see an option to use a different notificaton method at the bottom of the screen?  If so, click on that, and select email.

siddrajput
Guide
Guide

Here's a screenshot below. The timeout expires in 30 seconds but I never receive the push notification.

Yes, there are options for "SMS" and "Email" if I click on "Try Another Verification Method" and those work, but it would be more convenient to use the push notification.

2022-06-23_14-14-46.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@siddrajput wrote:

Here's a screenshot below. The timeout expires in 30 seconds but I never receive the push notification.

Yes, there are options for "SMS" and "Email" if I click on "Try Another Verification Method" and those work, but it would be more convenient to use the push notification.

I've certainly seen this screen - just not the particular error text you gave before.  Maybe I just didn't read the screen carefully after it times out.

Do you see push notifications on your phone when motion is detected?  What phone are you using (and what version of Android or iOS is it running)?

siddrajput
Guide
Guide
Yes I see push notifications when motion is detected. I'm using a Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12. I recently switched to this phone from an iPhone. Under "Try Another Verification Method" this Pixel Pro 6 phone is selected as the device to receive the Push notification.

-SR
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@siddrajput wrote:
 I'm using a Pixel 6 Pro with Android 12.

I use an iphone, so probably can't help that much.  But @jguerdat has a Pixel 6, and might have some suggestions.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've seen this issue a couple of times. I just cleared cookies on my Chrome browser to force having to authenticate it again and the SMS message came through quickly. I don't have any special permissions set so try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app to see if that helps. I'm on Verizon, if that matters.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation