Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
MacMan1725
Follower
Follower

First of all, the hardware is OK. But just OK. Can't even read license plates at 10 feet. No, it's not my internet (1 Gbps) or the connection. All my cameras are plugged in and show full signal strength. The picture looks good, until you need detail.

The software is the mind-bogglingly horrible piece. Whether it is on the iPhone or the computer. It's just terrible. The cameras themselves can't sync the same time so all the times are off. Even for one camera that has CVR, it will record motion at a particular time, but when you go to that time on the CVR, it's not there. The two-way talk is practically non-existant. It's so bad that you could probably win false advertising for them even mentioning it. 

Seriously Netgear, how can such a large company with such a good reputation be ok with such a horrible product? I won't even buy your routers again after this. 

4 REPLIES 4
danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

I agree. Once camera records no video, the other records hundreds a day. Parameter control uses rule applications, very '80s computer talk. Best Buy is taking them back.

Just_Me23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found a solution for the Arlo Pro 2 2-way speaker problem. Though the solution is not an optimal one...it does work. If you use a headset with a microphone with the computer app, your voice will transmit at a "normal" or "better" level than without. I am not sure why this is, however it has been the only solution that I have found so far. I am assuming this is a programing issue on the android/ois apps.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The basic issue is that on a computer you have control over the mic gain. You don't on a phone. Use of a headset changes this so it works better as you found.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Mine can't read a license plate at 10' either. It's really frustrating. I had a car pull into my driveway, directly in front of my camera today, and I can't read a single letter on the plate OR the huge business name on the side of the car. It's pretty ridiculous how bad the resolution is on these cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation