Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help to Position Arlo Pro2 Camera

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
markytcd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Scratching my head on how to position the Arlo Pro 2 Wireless to cover the door and have the camera out of reach as per the photos. Unfortunately the Eave is reachable from the door step. The camera ideally would need to be postioned to the right of the door (as you look at it) pointing/angled covering the left of the door down the drive.

Could I kindly ask for any advice?

Front Door 2.jpgFront Door1.jpgFront Door3.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Pictures will not land until approved by Arlo moderator. Attachments arrive instantly.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
markytcd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info...please see the door in the attachment.

markytcd
Aspirant
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

Pictures will not land until approved by Arlo moderator. Attachments arrive instantly.

Thanks for the info...please see the door in the attachment.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Some of us can get in quick.

Front%20Door%202

Arlo promises that one day we will have a front doorbell with a camera built in.

Would that work for you?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
markytcd
Aspirant
Aspirant

@michaelkenward wrote:

Some of us can get in quick.

Front%20Door%202

Arlo promises that one day we will have a front doorbell with a camera built in.

Would that work for you?

Ideally I want to get a view of the person walking up the drive to the door. The drive runs parallel to the house to the left of the picture.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of an outdoor threaded mount would be a good start. It not only is more secure (you can use a security cable with a little imagination, too) but sticks out some allowing more freedom of positioning to capture the view you need. I think I would mount it on the outside of the porch overhang to help minimize the ability of someone attempting to remove it.

markytcd
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

Use of an outdoor threaded mount would be a good start. It not only is more secure (you can use a security cable with a little imagination, too) but sticks out some allowing more freedom of positioning to capture the view you need. I think I would mount it on the outside of the porch overhang to help minimize the ability of someone attempting to remove it.

@jguerdat Thanks for the advice. I will try the position suggested for coverage/motion etc.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation