Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't find the base. Camera light shows amber. Tried to unplug and replug and reset.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
daych
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought this 3 camera system from Costco in Dec. for my church.

I have an arlo system at home and have had no problems.

Just tried to install it. Ran into problems and read all suggestions from community. No progress.

Power & internet lights are green. Camera light is amber.

I unplugged all connections and plugged back in. No improvement.

I tried to reset and I get no change to the lights after numerous attempts to reset.

No base detected.

Thanks for everyone's assistance.

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
daych
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much for your response.

I decided to do a chat with the Arlo Tech Service. I began my wait for the chat at #29. ARGH !

Anyway, after no success using my chromebook ( I was on the same network), we decided I should trying using my cell phone. That worked. No issues.

BTW, I found when trying to reset the base I was not holding the reset long enough. Tech said it needs to be held for a min. of 30 seconds.

I completed a survey after the chat and suggested Arlo consider putting some documentation and troubleshooting tips in the box with the cameras.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're on the same network as the base and not cell service, right? If so, try holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber (>10 seconds) and let the base reboot. Try again.

daych
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much for your response.

I decided to do a chat with the Arlo Tech Service. I began my wait for the chat at #29. ARGH !

Anyway, after no success using my chromebook ( I was on the same network), we decided I should trying using my cell phone. That worked. No issues.

BTW, I found when trying to reset the base I was not holding the reset long enough. Tech said it needs to be held for a min. of 30 seconds.

I completed a survey after the chat and suggested Arlo consider putting some documentation and troubleshooting tips in the box with the cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation