Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't find/add station after reset. blinking amber.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
WALilly
Aspirant
Aspirant

base would periodically go offline. now after a restart or reset the LED starts off Solid Orange / Amber for an short time. Then switches to  Solid Blue for a Short time. Finally starts to blink Orange / Amber non Stop. it will not show up on or connect to the App.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WALilly wrote:

Finally starts to blink Orange / Amber non Stop.

That might be simply because there are no cameras paired (due to the reset).  https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean

@WALilly wrote:

it will not show up on or connect to the App.

Did you remove the base from the account before you reset it?  

One option is to try to add the base back using a PC - browse to my.arlo.com

WALilly
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you. I tried both suggestions but neither worked. I switched my ethernet cable and hooked it up to my laptop to make sure it was making a connection. I hooked the cables up and it still followed the same set of LED notes as before. I watched the router to see if it was connecting and it would show up when the base was BLUE but then drop off when it went Blinking Amber. Another time it was still showing a connection on the Router but the base was Blinking Amber. No Activity when I tried to add through the app and Web Site.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You did try a factory reset per these instructions correct? How can I factory reset my Arlo SmartHub or base station?

Have you tested with a new ethernet cable as well?

WALilly
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both, yes. no change. thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot your router and base, in that order, and check to see if the base has been assigned an IP address.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation