Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Hi - 

I periodically view my library on a computer with Chromium and use the video download feature.  However, after the latest Arlo logo change and web UI tweaks ("zoom" animation when opening a video in the library) this week the download button no longer works.  No download starts when the button is clicked.  The button literally just does nothing anymore.

I tried this in Google Chrome 88 as well and it doesn't work either.

However, I started up Firefox (84) and the download button works in that browser.

I rolled over to my macOS Big Sur laptop and tried Chromium on that browser.  Videos don't play in-browser on that build due to lack of codecs /but/ the download button works there.

Can any other Linux users reproduce this?  Or, is it not just limited to Linux and some other combination of OS & browsers?

There is no DRM on videos here so OS differences should not be in the picture whatsoever.

- Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Linux isn'[t a supported platform so hopefully other Linux users can jump in here, as you ask.

In the meantime, there was an issue with Chrome a while ago that required a setting change. However, this was for downloading multiple videos at once, not getting one in the first place. Might be worth a gander just in case it provides a clue:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062212/Why-can-t-I-download-multiple-videos-at-once-from-the-Arlo-library

I just downloaded a video on my Chromebook with no issue. Are you using developer versions?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Linux isn'[t a supported platform so hopefully other Linux users can jump in here, as you ask.

In the meantime, there was an issue with Chrome a while ago that required a setting change. However, this was for downloading multiple videos at once, not getting one in the first place. Might be worth a gander just in case it provides a clue:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062212/Why-can-t-I-download-multiple-videos-at-once-from-the-Arlo-library

I just downloaded a video on my Chromebook with no issue. Are you using developer versions?

Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks!  Indeed, Linux is not supported (although it's pretty odd considering this should be OS-agnostic since it doesn't use DRM, which does rely on some OS components to work):

https://kb.arlo.com/1000863/Why-can-t-I-log-in-to-my-Arlo-account-from-my-web-browser

That being said, looks like this might be dependent on browser versions I'm using.  As mentioned, I'm using Chrome & Chromium 88 (stable builds) but on another Linux machine that has Chromium 90, downloads still work fine.

Minus the official support, since it works in Chromium 90, then I suppose I have no problem 🙂

- Mark

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation