Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Marchud
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey there,

I have an Arlo Pro Base Station, and originally 2, now 4, Arlo Pro 2 cameras, a chime and a doorbell. When I purchased the original set-up, the base station, the 2 cameras and the doorbell/chime, I was able to get the base station set-up no problem. However, I couldn't get anything to connect to the base station. I tried to connect with and without the app, using the browser, I checked to make sure firmware is up to date, swapped batteries and powercycled everything multiple times. Probably spent 2 hours playing with different sequences of activating the "synch" connection methods too. I then called customer support, who just told me to do all the things I had already tried, and then diagnosed that one of the cameras was refurbished (news to me), and that it was still registered to someone else's account, and the other was defective. I asked "are we sure it's not the base station?", thinking it more likely the bluetooth connection on the station's side than 4 others products all simultaneously failing at once. I got a kind of arrogant response from the customer service rep that it cannot be the base station. 

So, I asked for replacement cameras, which have arrived, and I still haven't shipped the old ones (I have 30 days). Tried to connect the new ones....failed. Gave the old ones another shot....failed. 

My personal preference is to return everything at this point and go with a competitor, because if I've paid for something easy to set up and manage, and it isn't, then I don't think I'm getting what I paid for. I also don't want to spend another hour and a half on the phone with a tech to tell me to do things I've already tried. However, at the risk that someone here might actually know what's going on, or someone at Arlo who actually understands how their product works can be of help, I figured I'd post here. 

Any help out there?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Marchud,

While I wouldn't completely rule out an issue with the base station, it isn't common for that to be the source of an issue like this.

What is the LED behavior on the cameras and base station when you're going through the sync process? Is the base station close to any potential sources of interference (any other devices the produce a WiFi signal)? You might try moving the base to a different location, bring the cameras close and try to sync in the new location to rule out any potential environmental issues.

JamesC

Marchud
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey James. I do the base station first. Power and internet solid green, then press the button, then blinking green synch light. Then I hit the camera synch. It blinks blue slowly for a while until it blinks Amber.

And no other signals besides the wifi router...which it directly ports into via Ethernet.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you only briefly pressing the base sync button? Long presses cause problems.

Marchud
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've tried taps, touches, presses and holds.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A swap at the store may be the fastest solution.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation