Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Wagnerbatista
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning, I own a very large house and would like to know if I can use two base stations connected in cable to my router to increase the installation distance of arlo pro 2 cameras?

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... the only real way to expand coverage area is with muli bases.

( there is no limit on the number of bases but the service level is base on number of cameras )

I run one at each end of the home to give all the cameras max signals. Sync the closest cameras to each base.

Of couse each base will need it own etherent port.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JoseCanyusi
Guide
Guide
Will both bases register under a single account or will I need to set up an additional account?

Also, are there plans for a camera bridge? I understand the current bridge is only for the security light. Is this correct?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No issue on multiple bases - add them as needed. 

It's very likely there will be no bridge since multiple bases do the same thing.

Wagnerbatista
Aspirant
Aspirant

"Will both bases register under a single account or will I need to set up an additional account?

Also, are there plans for a camera bridge? I understand the current bridge is only for the security light. Is this correct?"

my doubt is this too

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use multiple bases on one account with no issue. The only limitation is the total number of cameras, not bases.

The lights bridge is needed since connection to the lights is done via Bluetooth, not WiFi. That means it can't be used for the cameras. If you need to extend the camera connection capability, use a second base connected to a switch or a WiFi or powerline extender.

Wagnerbatista
Aspirant
Aspirant

a doubt that has arisen here.
Does the remote control system allow the cameras to be triggered anywhere?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you're asking. If you mean using the app or browser from afar to use live view and manual recording, yes. The app/browser just needs Internet access since you're actually accessing the servers, not your cameras/base.

Wagnerbatista
Aspirant
Aspirant

What I asked was this: To access the cameras live, do I need to sign the arlo plans or can I do it without having to pay?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As long as you have no more than the number of cameras for our plan, you need to do nothing else to access them in any way. The number and location of bases has nothing to do with your account or plan.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation