Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I use a 2nd base station and cameras at a different location on the same account?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
honeybadger32
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been trying to add a 2nd base station to my account. This 2nd base station is at a different physical location and a different IP address from my first base station. I click through the steps to add it and Arlo then searches for the base station but in the end reports "Your Base Station could not be discovered."

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@honeybadger32 wrote:

Yes, I am at the location of the new (i.e. 2nd) base station. Its status light is blue.

Which means the base thinks it is connected.  If this is pre-owned, you might need to do a reset (might be needed anyway).

Are you trying to onboard this using the app, or with a PC?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@honeybadger32 wrote:

I've been trying to add a 2nd base station to my account. This 2nd base station is at a different physical location and a different IP address from my first base station. I click through the steps to add it and Arlo then searches for the base station but in the end reports "Your Base Station could not be discovered."

Are you at the location of the new base station?

What is the status of the base stations (per the LEDs)

honeybadger32
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am at the location of the new (i.e. 2nd) base station. Its status light is blue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@honeybadger32 wrote:

Which means the base thinks it is connected.  If this is pre-owned, you might need to do a reset (might be needed anyway).

Are you trying to onboard this using the app, or with a PC?

honeybadger32
Aspirant
Aspirant
  1. I reset the 2nd base station as you suggested and I then was able to add it successfully. Thank you!
  2. But I was repeatedly unsuccessful in adding cameras to the 2nd base station using the live online instructions. But somehow I thought to try pressing RESET on the base station and SYNC on the camera at.the.same.time. That worked!
  3. So everything is working now. A 1st base station and 3 cameras at the 1st location, and a 2nd base station and 2 cameras at the 2nd location.
honeybadger32
Aspirant
Aspirant

Correction: I pressed SYNC (not RESET) on the base station and SYNC on the camera at.the.same.time. That worked!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation