Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base vmb4500 stuck on blinking amber

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gpw44
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base goes to blinking amber. Tried new cables, new router and all the different resets. Always goes back to blinking amber. Has been this way for a few months which means no cameras. Unit is not very old. I’m
Very let down with this system. Any suggestions otherwise I’m going to swap to a new system that isn’t arlo.
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gpw44 wrote:
Unit is not very old.

Is it still under warranty (1 year)?

Gpw44
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately no, but it’s less than 2 years. Which to me is a huge letdown a system that cost this much wouldn’t last longer.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gpw44 wrote:
Base goes to blinking amber. Tried new cables, new router and all the different resets. Always goes back to blinking amber. 

Are you seeing the base station in the router's attached devices list?

Also, is the base station showing off-line in the app, or is it just the cameras that are off-line?

Gpw44
Aspirant
Aspirant
At first yes. It eventually stopped showing it was connected.

You have to remove the base I. A hard reset. Since then it isn’t found by the app. The cameras I have require the base.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gpw44 wrote:
At first yes. It eventually stopped showing it was connected.

You have to remove the base I. A hard reset. Since then it isn’t found by the app. 

It should show up in your router's attached device list even if it isn't onboarded to your account.

If you have another device that can connect with ethernet (for example, a laptop), you can confirm that the ethernet cable and router LAN port are working properly by connecting up the laptop (turning off its wifi), and then seeing if you can reach the internet.

If the ethernet cable and LAN port are both working, and you don't see the base in your router's attached device list, then the base has almost certainly failed.  

If it is in the router's attached device list, then I suggest trying to onboard the base from a PC instead of the app (browsing to my.arlo.com).  Ideally connect the PC with ethernet.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation