Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Huge142
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish to purchase an Arlo Pro 2 system for a summer home. Behind my home approx 200 feet is a garage and my workshop. Can I get coverage for cameras at the second location?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I would think the best thing to do would be have a wifi access point of some kind in the garage/workshop. Then plug a second Arlo base station into that. You can have unlimited base stations and even better is that the second base station can be configured independently of the first.

I have this setup except I use a Orbi system with the satellite in the remote part. The Orbi satellite has 4x ethernet ports, one of which a base station is plugged into

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I would think the best thing to do would be have a wifi access point of some kind in the garage/workshop. Then plug a second Arlo base station into that. You can have unlimited base stations and even better is that the second base station can be configured independently of the first.

I have this setup except I use a Orbi system with the satellite in the remote part. The Orbi satellite has 4x ethernet ports, one of which a base station is plugged into

Huge142
Aspirant
Aspirant
2nd basemen station works great. Thanks
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation